Solar Collector Sizing
Calculate the number of solar tubes
Calculate How Much Energy the SunMaxx Collector Will produce each day/month/year. The SunMaxx evacuated solar tubes can be used for heating hot water, domestic water, radiant floors, and boiler systems.
Before you proceed, you will need to know a few things.
- First, you will need to know the daily insolation levels kWh/m2 and then convert them to Btu/ft2/day. (1kWh/m2 / day = 317.1 Btu/ft2/day) .
- Click here to find out what your Insolation level is in your area.
- Calculate the total collector area for your solar collectors.
- 2.2m2 for 20 tube collector
- 2.75m2 for 25 tube collector.
- If you have three SunMaxx-20 panels, then you have 2.2*3=6.6m2
- Energy cost in USD/kWh: Example: $0.14/kWh.
*Keep in mind that you will not have to pay electricity demand fees or standard monthly fees which occur in many places within the United States.